Annual Operating Budget
Each year, the RRWRD Board of Directors adopts an annual budget for the current fiscal year that runs from May 1 through April 30. The adopted budget is a public document and is posted on the District’s website. Rock River Water Reclamation District operates from a general operations budget that includes departmental expenses, capital improvements, replacement projects and equipment. The approved Combined Annual Budget & Appropriations Ordinances are provided below in PDF format for your convenience.
- FY 2019 Combined Annual Budget & Appropriations Ordinance
- FY 2018 Combined Annual Budget & Appropriations Ordinance
- FY 2017 Combined Annual Budget & Appropriations Ordinance
- FY 2016 Combined Annual Budget & Appropriations Ordinance
The District reviews the financial position of each department and revenue sources on a monthly basis. Reports on the District’s financial position in relation to the budget and previous year are provided below.
Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
The Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR) details the results of the District’s most recent audit. Past reports are linked below. State law requires the District publish the report within six months of the close of each fiscal year, including a complete set of financial statements presented in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and audited in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by a firm of licensed certified public accountants.
- FY 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report
- FY 2017 Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report
- FY 2016 Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report
- FY 2015 Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report
- FY 2014 Financial Statements and Independent Auditor’s Report
Payroll Budget Report
Open Meeting Acts Compliance
Illinois Public Act 097-0609 (5 ILCS 120-7.3), effective Jan 1, 2012, requires municipal employers participating in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund post employee compensation information. Information on employee total compensation packages equal to or exceeding $150,000 a year must be posted at least six days before approval and employees with a total compensation packages that exceeds $75,000 per year must be posted within six days of budget approval. At its discretion, in order to be fully transparent, the District posts below the complete fiscal year payroll budget on the District’s website. The budget reflects employees on the payroll and budgeted individual benefit packages based on participation for the previous fiscal year. Union wage and benefit increases are included as per agreed contracts, general wage increase assumptions have been applied across all other employee groups.
Annual Clerk’s Report
Published in compliance with the provisions of Chapter 30, Illinois Compiled Statues, Act 15/1 and 15/2 requiring certain custodians of public monies to file and publish statements of receipts and disbursements. Below are the District’s Annual Statements of Receipts and Disbursements.
- FY 2018 Treasurer’s Report
- FY 2017 Treasurer’s Report
- FY 2016 Treasurer’s Report
- FY 2015 Treasurer’s Report
- FY 2014 Treasurer’s Report
Combined User Rates and Fee Ordinance
Establishment of rates, fees, charges, bond requirements, permits and additional charges.