Human Resources can be contacted at 815-387-7541 or email Human Resources
Is the District accepting job applications?
The District only accepts applications for specific job openings. To find out if there are specific openings, please visit the Job Openings page. A completed resume and application, submitted on a timely basis, are required for you to be considered for a position.
What type of positions are there at the District?
The District has many different types of positions and employs individuals in the following fields: administrative work, information technology, chemistry, industrial surveillance, engineering, plant operations, plant maintenance, vehicle maintenance, and sewer service maintenance.
What type of benefits do you offer employees at the District?
All full time employees are eligible for the following benefits on the first day of full time employment.
- Health benefits which include Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO health plan; MetLife dental insurance and MetLife vision coverage.
- Participation in the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF) pension system (www.IMRF.org).
- The District observes twelve (12) paid holidays in addition to a birthday holiday for a total of thirteen (13) paid holidays.
- Paid time off including fifteen (11) days of vacation; and accrued sick leave.
- Voluntary participation in pre-tax, flexible spending plans for both medical and dependent/child care.
- Tuition reimbursement for approved/job related coursework.
- Voluntary participation in deferred compensation plan through VOYA or AXA and Life Insurance/AD&D through MetLife.
- District supplied uniforms when required.
- Training as required for your position.
- A 90-day Introductory period (probationary period).
Are there any residency requirements to work at the District?
Employees of the District are not required to reside within a specified geographic area. A new employee, within 3 working days of his start date, must be able to submit proof that he is a U.S. citizen or has a visa permitting him to work in the U.S
Does the District test applicants for drugs?
Yes. Any offer of employment with the District is contingent upon successfully passing a test for illegal drugs. If you take illegal drugs, do not apply.